Saturday, August 28, 2010

Home Sweet Home

We are finally settled into our new house. To say the least ,we have had an eventful last couple of weeks. Moving to a new location always is so much work especially with kiddos. Things we have been doing lately:
lots of swimming, found a preschool for E, found a few parks for the kiddos (they aren't exactly on every corner here, found our grocery store, Mall, & Target things are so compact here and with sketchy hit and miss neighborhoods finding these has taken a little effort.

Positives:
*Cute neighborhood, tree lined streets
* open garden style complex with tropical plants( I look outside and feel like I'm on a vacation)
*right next to Whole foods and post office
*walking distance to the best elementary school in the area
*10 min. away from Marcus office in Brentwood
*2 miles from the temple ( newly remodeled visitors center with fun activities for the kiddos)
*pool
* ocean breeze~ makes laying out by the pool and afternoon walks perfect
*close to the beach
* perfect weather ...never too hot or too cold

Negatives:
*few kids... it's so expensive to live here..and very compact..the sight of an suv/suburban trying to find parking here would be quite a sight
*homeless bums ~who wouldn't want to live by the beach..lol
* sketchy neighbor
(We called the cops on him last weekend after threatening to " beat the kids". Honestly it's been a a little scary. We do have some great neighbors though that have been looking out for us while Marcus is at work, we have a property manager that checks on us daily, and extra security in and around the complex. Sadly the eviction process doesn't happen overnight, luckily his arrest that evening seems to be speeding up the process.)

I have to give props to my hubby though. I have not been very cheery this last week, with the stress of moving, trying to feel settled, our neighbor situation, and the overall feeling of LA...not exactly the most kid friendly place, I have been a grump. I am sure his week hasn't been perfect and could have had a crappy day at work....but I wouldn't know...it's all been about me this week and what I want. I love this guy!

6 comments:

{she + him} said...

Love the post! BUT need some pictures! I want to see your actual neighborhood...bc it sounds like a movie set!

I loved your last neighborhood, we need to see the new one.

One of these days...

Ashley said...

I am so sad you are gone, and we didn't even get to say goodbye! I don't think Ryan really realizes that Ethan is gone. I'm sure he'll be asking for him at church tomorrow. :o(

I'd love to get together whenever you can. Call me!

AZ Finters said...

LA huh? Well, luckily you are only a few minutes from Venice beach.

Unknown said...

I want to see pictures too please.

Also, are you coming to AZ for the reunion in October? I want some of my old peeps there please!!!

Jaime said...

YAY! Glad you posted about your new adventure even though you already told me. :) Your boys are so cute we miss them already.Keep posting I'll check in again in a week or 2. :)

AudyCamp said...

Way to list the positives..good girl. Moving is just hard & then to throw in your neighbor-drama story! I wanna see pics too. (& Jozie um.. speaking of new house pictures...hello!)

Leaving friends is hard but your kids leaving friends is harder...:( Just breather in that Beach air & think "I'm on a long vacation!"

Hope this week is better for you!